There’s nothing like a set of new workout clothes to reinvigorate your enthusiasm for running. I’m currently training for a marathon – my first ever. Now I’m no athlete – I’ve done a couple of half marathons for personal achievement, but I’m definitely not fast. I like to run because 1. it makes me feel good, and 2. I like doing events because it gives you a sense of achievement to reach a goal you’ve been working towards.
At the moment I’m half way into training and I’m starting to feel a bit flat. I’ve struggled a little bit with my runs last week, and my run on Saturday (which was 22.5km) felt super hard! My back ached and I just didn’t feel good. I thought I just needed a decent sports massage. Turns out my back was sore as I was actually starting to get sick and had just run that distance with an infection raging away in my body. No wonder it was so hard! But aside from that, I feel like I need a bit of extra motivation at the moment in the form of some new running gear. Since I’ve been off work and rather immobile, I’ve been browsing the net for some inspiration and here’s what I found….
1. Nike Dri-Fit Cotton Run Swoosh Tank $37 I love the Nike dry fit fabric, and what can I say, I just love the look of this.
2. Nike Capri tights $44.99 I already own two pairs of these, they are super comfy and when you’re running lots, you need more than 2 pairs, unless you want to do extra loads of washing.
3. Nike GPS Sports Watch $219 This was reduced to $139.99 at Rebel, but they sold out! Disappointing… This watch tracks your distance, pace, time, calories burned and heart rate (with compatible HRM). Don’t think I’ll be getting one of these anytime soon since I’m saving for our wedding, but a gal can dream. Maybe next year.
4. Nike Lunaglide +5 $149.99 I love the colour of these Nike Lunaglide shoes. They’re currently on sale at Rebel with 25% off. I owned a pair of hot pink Lunaglide shoes which I loved but they are totally worn out now. I recently bought a pair of Asics but I wish I’d waited and got these on sale. Awesome colour & totally comfortable. Sigh.
PS as you can probably tell, I’m a total Nike fan!
I also am quite a fan of Lorna Jane. It’s an Australian brand, but they ship internationally. I own a few of their tanks, plus one of their t-shirts which I’ve had for years now and it’s still good quality and in great shape.
Here’s a couple of my favourite pieces from their website:
1. Believe Tank $34.99 AUD
2. Pink Hi Tech Jacket $139.99 AUD