Have you ever wondered what the secrets of happy, healthy and fit women are? Because I work with with mostly women day in day out, over time, it becomes apparent the habits of those who become healthy, happy and fit. Of course, we all know some of the basics, such as eating well, drinking water, getting enough sleep & exercise. These are some of the secrets that aren’t always obvious.
Happy Friday! Enjoy x
- They take time out for themselves to be alone with their thoughts, so they can wind down and relax.
- They challenge themselves with fitness. Our bodies get used to doing the same thing over and over again, so you don’t get the same results as at the start. So, fitness is always varied, and the intensity increased so it’s interesting and gets results.
- They don’t over commit. We live in a fast paced world, where there’s so much happening. Happy, healthy women know their limits, and what they do commit to, they do well.
- They eat a diet that is varied and colourful. We often become creatures of habit, eating the same foods on repeat for breakfasts and lunch. Variety ensures you get a good range of nutrients, and a range of colours equals a range of antioxidants and nutrients.
- Health is a priority as they know if they’re not healthy, they can’t do their best for anything else. This means nourishing their mind, body and soul is is a priority, which means looking after themselves so they can also look after others.
- Instead of thinking about it, they do it. While thinking and planning is important, they don’t get stuck at that stage, they move on and make progress with their hopes and dreams.
- Fitness/exercise is a part of their every day life routine for well being, not just something that is there to help them lose weight.
- They stay positive and surround themselves with positive people. Research backs this one up too. It’s all about ratios! Those who are flourishing have a ratio of 3 positive emotions for every one negative. Read more here.
- They allow themselves the odd indulgence and really savour it – without feeling an ounce of guilt.
- They practice mindfulness , that is they have a heightened sense of enjoyment of the present moment.
What things do you do that help keep you happy, fit and healthy?